Armando Poggi A Landmark Among Florence's Landmarks
Armando Poggi Armando Poggi
 

History & Locations

Past, Present & Future

Armando Poggi has been a family-owned and operated business in Florence since the 1930s. As the business expanded from one tiny store to two large showrooms in Piazza del Duomo, the defining force remained unchanged -- a commitment to offering the best of Italy's craftsmanship and artistry. Armando Poggi today is synonymous with the finest Italian ceramics, Buccellati silver, and Murano glass.

In 1968 Armando's son, Maurizio, joined him in the business.  Maurizio's American-born wife, Elaine has managed the apoggi.com website since its creation in 2000. The Poggi family is now welcoming the third generation into management.

1936 - Armando Poggi opens
his first shop in Via Calzaiuoli
1945 - Armando Poggi, 36 years old
1966 - The Baptistry during the Great Flood,
just a few steps from the Armando Poggi shop
1966 - The Great Flood in front of
the Armando Poggi shop
1966 - Inside the Armando Poggi
warehouse after the waters subsided
1966 - Inside the Armando Poggi warehouse,
showing mud and distruction

1969 - Armando's son, Maurizio,
joins the family business
1985 - Armando and Maurizio open
their second shop, directly in front
of Giotto's bell tower

 

1990 - Armando with his grandchildren,
the third generation who will soon
carry on the business
2007 - Recent window display

   
Copyright © 2007 Armando Poggi | Internet Marketing by Richard Price Design